The best guide for a successful relocation
Following the latest reform of January 1, 2004, the city is divided into fifteen boroughs (bydeler) that are to a considerable extent self governed. Each borough is responsible for local services not overseen by the City Council, such as social services, basic healthcare, and kindergartens. For convenience, the city can be divided into six larger districts.
- Sentrum (Sentrum) Central downtown area.
- West (Bygdøy) "The Museum Peninsula" and the poshest area in Norway
- Inner West (St. Hanshaugen, Frogner, Majorstua)
- Inner East (Sagene, Grünerløkka, Gamle Oslo)
- Outer West (Ullern, Holmenkollen, Vestre Aker, Nordre Aker)
- Outer East (Alna, Bjerke, Grorud, Stovner, Nordstrand, Søndre Nordstrand, Østensjø)
Copyright © 2012. Newinoslo.com. All Rights Reserved