The best guide for a successful relocation





If you study at primary and lower secondary or upper secondary school for adults, or at university/university college, you can apply for a loan from the State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen). You must be 16 years or older to apply. If you are not a Norwegian citizen, you must have a residence permit to apply.


Financial support is given through loans and grants. The grant is money you don't pay back, whereas the loan must be repaid. If you are entitled to apply, you receive the money as a loan. If you complete the studies and pass the exams, a part of the loan can be converted into a grant. When you finish your studies, the loan must be repaid, with interests.


See The State Educational Loan Fund homepage.

In English here


You can also call Lånekassen about loans, grants and repayment. Tel: (+47) 22 70 03 00,

Monday – Friday 09.00 - 15.00.



Here you find an overview of other types of grants and endowments for educational purposes.

See (in Norwegian only).





Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved